Job title: Front End Developer
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Seniority level: Senior
Requested skills and experience:
As a Front End Developer, you will have the opportunity to build websites and web applications using modern technologies for de Bijenkorf – an award-winning omnichannel retailer and established Dutch brand in Amsterdam. Are you a Front End Developer with minimum 3 years professional experience? Do you take pride in your job, want to become a better developer every day and work in an international Agile E-commerce environment? If you answer yes to these questions then we would like to hear from you.
The Front End Development team is responsible for the execution of several projects and the support of various internal departments. Projects include (but are not limited to) the continued development of the de Bijenkorf website, web applications that support the business and microsites for commercial campaigns.
We are offering the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing team in a creative and fun E-commerce environment. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself both technically and professionally.
We are looking for someone with experience with:
- Dependency management via NPM / Yarn;
- Writing and maintaining unit tests using Karma and Jasmine;
- Architecture patterns like Redux / MV*;
- Modular CSS;
- Knowledge of LESS/SASS;
- Source control systems like GIT/SVN.
It would be a huge plus and advantage if you also are familiar with the following:
- High traffic websites;
- Structured data schemas like schema.org;
- Onsite SEO best practices;
- Progressive Web Apps;
- Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Deployment management;
- Intershop 7+;
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6+.
In addition to the above skills, we are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about what they do and have the desire to push the boundaries of what is possible with the web;
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a plus);
- An excellent communicator;
- Proactive & result driven;
- Hungry to learn, with a drive to improve;
- A team player.
What we offer:
- A fun and creative working environment;
- An attractive work package and a market-conforming salary;
- Contribution towards a pension;
- Collective health insurance;
- 30 days leave;
- A variable bonus based on both de Bijenkorf’s results and personal performance;
- The opportunity to develop as a developer both technically and professionally;
- An employee discount on products purchased from de Bijenkorf.
About the Service Center:Since January 2010, the Service Office of the Bijenkorf has been located in the Atlas-complex on the Hoogoorddreef in Amsterdam-Zuidoost. About three hundred enthusiastic colleagues work here, which brings a wide variety of specializations together, all geared towards delivering a complete service to our affiliates.
The Bijenkorf has six ‘Corporate Values’ which form an important part of the DNA of our employees:
- Passion for customers
- Continuous innovative
- Taking responsibility
- Working together
- Be open to change
- Respect every individual
These ‘Corporate Values’ form an important part in every job interview for all the job vacancies within our organization.
What de Bijenkorf offers
Working at the Bijenkorf, is working in ‘a world of inspiration’ with an exclusive assortment, unique concepts and the most luxurious designer brands which fit a premium department store. The Bijenkorf offers excellent, in conformity with the market, primary benefits which are complemented with a comprehensive package of secondary benefits. So we offer our employees among others a discount card which gives you an attractive discount on purchases within the Bijenkorf. In addition, we pay attention to a variety development and career opportunities for young talent, subject experts and prospective managers.
Gross annual salary: > 35.000€
Please send your application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com